Wednesday, August 31, 2011

EASY PEASY RECIPE: Cilantro Soy-Bomb

At the farmers' market last week, I bought a bunch of fresh cilantro and promptly realized that I don't know what you're supposed to do with cilantro.

Then I came across a super-complicated recipe for cilantro soy chicken or something like that, and realized that a lot of the ingredients (soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger) were in my trusty bottle of Mikee teriyaki sauce. Coincidentally, I keep the Mikee sauce around because I don't know what you're supposed do with tofu, either, so I usually just dump some teriyaki sauce on it and call it a day.

It made sense to combine the two because, like cilantro, tofu is something I feel like I should be eating because it's Good For Me. But I don't have a fun way to prepare it. So, inspired by the recipe (but not inspired enough to go digging around for 14 separate ingredients), I chopped up the cilantro using the Pampered Chef Chopper (which everyone in the whole world should own) and dumped it into a half cup of Mikee teriyaki sauce.

I cooked the tofu by handing it to my husband and saying, "Cook this?"

Then I poured the cilantro-teriyaki mix over the tofu, and TELL ME THIS DOESN'T LOOK PROFESSIONAL!


To recap:

  • chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (the thicker the better) (that's what she said)
  • one package of extra-firm tofu

Cook the tofu until most of the water is out, then heat up the sauce however you want (microwave? I won't judge) and pour it on. Done.

1 comment:

  1. Hubs FYI: I just heated the sauce on top of the Tofu at the end when it was done cooking. Only dirties one skillet!

    ReplyDelete